Congratulations on your engagement.
If you are after a Celebrant that:
Legal Requirements for Marriage
The Notice Of Intended Marriage (NOIM)
The NIOM must be lodged with your celebrant NO LATER than one month before your wedding date, and no earlier than 18 months before.
In our intital meeting I will sight your original documents and print all details on the forms for you.
I must sight original copies of your birth certificates and photo ID before the marriage can take place.
If you were born inside Australia, I can only accept an original birth certificate or original extract of birth… (I cannot accept Australian Passports).
If you were born outside Australia, I must sight your birth certificate, OR a valid overseas passport if your birth certificate is not readily available.
(If any certificates are written in a language other than English, a translation by a registered translator is required.)
If you have been married previously, then I need to sight proof that the previous marriage is no longer valid by way of a Divorce Certificate, or a Death Certificate if you have been widowed.
Legal Witnesses to The Marriage
You require two legal witnesses to your marriage. These can be any two people you like over the age of 18 years. You will need to provide me with their full legal name (including middle names).
1. Contact me by phone or email to check that your date is available and discuss an outline of the plans for your ceremony.
2. We can then meet at a suitable time and place to complete the legal paperwork and a non‐refundable Booking Fee of $200 is paid.
This booking fee secures your date and time of ceremony, lodges your legal paperwork, and provides you access to my wedding resource kit. This amount is then deducted from your total ceremony fee, and the balance is due no later than 2 weeks before the wedding.
3. You make your ceremony selections from the wide variety of options I will provide.
4. We finalise arrangements via phone and email and meet again at your rehearsal (if required) to go through the final ceremony.
5. Relax and enjoy the lead up to your ceremony, comfortable with the the knowledge that your ceremony will run smoothly and be everything you dreamed of.
I am available at every step of the way for questions, ideas or discussion.
0417 626 791
Brisbane Marriage Celebrant